Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Scraps

If you craft with  paper, you probably have a bin (or two or more) with nothing but scraps.   The way I keep my scraps is that if I have a paper pack, or a theme etc, I keep the scraps together with the paper pack.  I keep a pocket protector filled with my scraps in front of the pack etc.  But once in a while I have some scraps that I no longer can find its proper home.  That's when I just put them in a plastic drawer. 

At the end of the school year I needed to make a bunch of Thank You cards for teachers.  So I pulled out my scrap drawer and used a punch from Stampin Up.  Not sure of its proper name, but it punches out two pieces to form a banner sign.  While watching a movie I just pulled out papers that looked like they could match and punched away.  I put two pieces of different papers together to make those little flags.   Also from my stash are the alpha letter stickers I used to put the Thank You on the flags.  I used an embossed card from DCWV and laid the flag pieces out, and adhered them alternating either flush to the paper or on pop dots.  On the bottom row I added two blank pieces at the end.
It is a very simple card as you can see, and it is done with nothing but scraps.  I always keep blank cards and envelopes at hand, so I did not have to go to the store at all for this card project.




The picture did not come out to well.  I am still trying to learn how to navigate blogging and how to take good pictures.

By the way if you are wondering what the background is.  When I spray a project with glimmer type mists I line my box with packing paper  When that is all prettied up I use it in projects.  Free pretty paper, what can I say.

Thanks for visiting me in my little corner,
Marlies

No comments:

Post a Comment